Saturday, April 19, 2008

Mini-updates....

-Today I woke up to 79 degree weather in the city of mile-high. Pure bliss if you ask me. I spent the majority of my morning watching one of my students play in a little league game. It was so enjoyable just being outside and sitting in the sun....even though I got a little burned.

-5 weeks left of school and counting. It is truly amazing to think I am almost done with my first year of teaching...I must admit that I am ready to have that one under my belt. They always say "firsts" are the hardest and this year's definitely been a challenge.

-I officially passed my Praxis II so I am officially Colorado Certified to teach K-6. This is an answer to prayer because this means I will get to move up with my kids and join them as one of their 3rd grade teachers next year.

-Less than 2 months until we go to Sierra Leone. I get my last 2 shots on Thursday, all my money is in, and I find myself more ecstatic than ever. I even got online and looked at the weather in Sierra Leone today....89, wishing I were there already.

-I am finally feeling "settled" in the Denver metro area, even though I will be moving again. I have loved the city and the people I have met through my experiences here. I am looking forward to what the next year will bring.

-Having spring here has changed my perspective on life in many ways! I have a renewed spirit and joy towards life. Here's to the next couple months of beautiful weather.

On a final note, I have decided yet once again to try and be a better blogger...we will see how it goes! Hopefully as you find yourself checking up on my blog, you will see new posts:) I hope you all have a great Saturday and know you are truly loved and blessed....ciao!

2 comments:

Sarah Saunier said...

I am glad that you are posting again. And I also was so glad for the warm sunny weather

Gow_spot said...

rissita bonita!
I about passed out when I realized that you have BLOGGED!
seriously- i have checked your blogsite probably 3 times a week since you have last posted... uh, i think that was NOVEMBER!?!?!?

so hip hip hooray!
blog away my sweet friend.

take some pix of your apartment.... and the beauty of a mile high spring...
would love to peek into your world.

love you and miss you!