Saturday, August 16, 2008

Hats off to a new year....

I have spent the last 10 days, for anywhere from 8-10 hours a day at school. I have been setting up my room, sitting through an overall beneficial set of in-services, and planning with my grade level team! It is quite bizarre to think that I am starting my second year of teaching in about 8 days...I am so excited about this next year. I am working with a girl named Brit, who is awesome. We click so well, have the same perspectives on life, and it just works. It is such a blessing to work with someone when it is so easy!

On another note, I am so excited to see my old student Dorian. He was a student who I prayed for repeatedly last year and finally made big gains at the end of the year. He is in my class again this year, and I am going to see him on Thursday night. He has been in my thoughts a lot over the past 2 months and I can't wait to teach him again this year! Pray for him this year.

On a more comical side, I am watching Season I of Friends right now...relaxing in my apartment. The scene I just watched was of Ross being attacked by a cat on the room. I am laughing so hard. Do you ever have those moments where you laugh so hard you are crying? Yeah, definitely just happened.

3 comments:

Suz said...

Ah, your students are so blessed to have you as their teacher! It must be so different going into things for the second year already knowing so much about the school and whatnot. I hope it goes well with your returning student. And I miss those times of laughing with you- so fun. Miss you. Love!

Gow_spot said...

ohhh wish i could join ya on the couch for some "friends"!

sounds like you are pumped for the new year!
soo great that God brought you to a place you love riss!

miss you!

Jenn said...

Thats a great episode of Friends... I am going through all the seasons right now and am on season 5. That show was just great!

I miss you friend, Are you going to be in CO for Thanksgiving?