Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Happy Place...

Over the past couple days, it has been absolutely lovely. Ah, I have come to the conclusion that I am a much happier person when it is warm, sunshiney, and summer. I am so excited for summertime and find myself literally counting the days until school is out! I am so ready to jump on the summer band-wagon of tanning, traveling, weddings, relaxing, and being outside. This weekend I have been down in the springs with the family. It has been such a blessing...I have such a wonderful family. We have enjoyed just being together, laughing, and playing games...our favorite, Settlers. I won today, and I am not cocky at all:) ha. I have lost so many times lately to my family and finally I won. I think sometimes I am too competitive, but today it played out in my favor. We sat outside for lunch and just talked...I got a bit of a sunburn, and it is great. I love having the pink cheeks and red shoulders...it makes me happy. So...all this to say, I love summer and I can't wait for this one to start. Thank you Lord for beautiful weather than delights my soul and changes my attitude! :)

No comments: