Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2 MK's and a bottle of wine...


So last night, Brandon and I decided to celebrate his med-school interview from yesterday, which went amazingly well. I made herb linguini and we decided to open a bottle of wine. Well, I have issues opening wine in general, but surely had problems last night. I started by totally stripping in the cork. Then, we attempted to wedge it out using a couple knives, scissors, and other handy gadgets. Finally, we thought that if we could just get the cork down into the bottle, then at least we could pour the wine out enough to drink it. I am pushing with full force, and POP! The cork goes into the bottle, and wine literally is all over my face, my clothes, and all of our cabinets in our kitchen. Successful? Some might say no, but I get my wine...didn't I?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

haha... and Brandon if you read Carissa's blog (which you better as her brother), Eric and I think you should move to Denver :)

LoriM said...

Love the title. My MK friend and I experimented with wine coolers once when we took a road trip (as young adults, here in America). I have a great pic somewhere of us in this B&B with horrible floral wallpaper, in our t-shirts and undies, kickin' back with some wine coolers..... So - do you like wine? I just haven't been able to acquire much of a taste for it. And not sure it's worth it - ha.