Friday, May 23, 2008

Sweet Endings and Happy Good-byes!

So today I repeatedly found myself fighting back tears, as we watched the year-long slide show, as we packed up our room, as I gave hugs to my kiddos. My students kept asking me, "What's wrong Miss. Cole?" How was I supposed to respond to that? Well, I responded by saying, "They are happy tears." This year has been AMAZING, beyond words, and absolutely the best thing that could have happened to me. However, as it came to an end, I was overwhelmed with emotions. Everyone always says your first year is hard, but they also say that those kids will always have a place in your heart. How true that is. My kids have surely pushed me to my patience limits this year, but I love them to death. Today, as I realized I was saying good-bye to them as second graders, I was very emotional.

All of my little "munchkins" have grown so much this year....not only in height, but academics, love, passion, and pretty much every area. I know that I will have over half of them again next year, however, it was still hard. I am now at a point where I can start looking to the future. I am so blessed to have the opportunity of working with some of the same kids next year. I find myself already praying about next year's class and the dynamics. I know some of the students I will surely have and look forward to continuing to build relationships. At this point though, it's time to say good-bye to this year! Adieu.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow!! you did it! Hope you have a great summer, friend!

Gow_spot said...

Girl--- you are SOOO doing what God designed you to do!
Reading your blog made my heart smile... isn't it amazing how He crafted you to so LOVE what you are SOOO GREAT at?

you are an incredible TEACH riss!
I am proud of ya and soo happy for you!

LG