Monday, June 8, 2009

Summers off...what shall I do?

I have come to the conclusion lately that one of the best things about being a teacher is having summers off. I have to admit that all my life I have had summers off and never really taken advantage of it. This summer, I have decided that I am going to be productive in the midst of my time off. I've got 7 weeks of summer, so here is my list of 30 things to do:

1. Visit Frontier Days in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
2. Attend a Rockies Game.
3. See a movie at Red Rocks...maybe Ghostbusters or Princess Bride?
4. Get a nice tan and spend lots of time at the pool.
5. Do a puzzle...a hard one.
6. Go to the Museum of Nature and Science.
7. Go the Art Museum.
8. Go to the zoo.
9. Have a picnic in the park.
10. Go paddle-boating at City Park.
11. Have margaritas at the pool.
12. Fly a kite.
13. Enjoy a day in the mountains.
14. Go hiking.
15. Go camping...(yes, Sarah...I will go camping).
16. Climb a tree.
17. Play sand volleyball.
18. See fireworks.
19. Go white water rafting.
20. Play glow in the dark bocce-ball.
21. Make a root-beer float.
22. Play a board game.
23. Cook-out/Barbeque.
24. Play football in the park.
25. Clean out my closets and donate my clothes I don't wear anymore.
26. Go bowling.
27. Go to an amusement park (Elitches or Water World).
28. Go ice-skating.
29. Try a new food...maybe rattlesnake?
30. Run through the sprinklers like I just don't care.

(As I hold my glass up to toast)...Here's to a summer of 4 weddings, 2 roadtrips, sunshine, and hopefully a lot of fun! :) Happy Summer Everyone.

5 comments:

Sarah Saunier said...

Man those sound like fun things. You better wait and go camping with me. Have a wonderful summer enjoying all those great things!

LoriM said...

What a great list. Enjoying your blog. So fun to get to know my the grown children of my childhood friends (Karen & Curt)

Julie said...

Have fun! I can send you a hard puzzle...I did one this winter! :)

Susan said...

Um... Sounds like you and me are going to be good friends this summer! Can I do some of the things with you? Sounds like a great summer plan!

Jenn said...

You should call me sometime! I want an update on things!