Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Random thoughts....

It rained for five days straight, and today I saw the sun for the first time. Pure bliss...the thunderstorms were cool...but five days, seriously?

I really like the word, seriously? I use it a lot....and I use the word scandalous.

I spent 4 hours at the pool, and burned the back of my legs...ouch. Maybe I should put some sunscreen on tomorrow before I brave the sun again.

I almost got rid of my tan lines today.

I had a wonderful coffee date with Suse this morning. Yeah for friends and free time!

I had an enjoyable "wedding" planning afternoon with Allie. We cooked dinner together, drank wine, and chatted about the upcoming marriage.

I think I might go to Beloit for 5 days next week.

I am blessed by friends who truly care about me.

I may have found a tutoring job that pays $50.00/hr. The students is from Norway, how cool is that?

I had 6 friends call on Monday to check in about how my date went. I am encouraged by those who invest in me.

I love sleeping in and staying up late, both of which I have done a lot of lately.

I had a glass of wine tonight, and am feeling a bit sleepy.

I went to a dips and dorks party last weekend, and dressed up like a dork. It was fun.

I got to play old school Nintendo, and dance around like a crazy person on Saturday night.

I have the itch to travel to a foreign country, but have nowhere to go, no one to go with, and no money to spend.

I bought some kids books today at Barnes and Noble...can't seem to go in there without purchasing something. I love kids books!

I am excited about teaching second grade next year.

I am reading a book about poverty...it is very interesting and enlightening. Tells me a lot about my past students and the places they are at.

I found out I DON'T have to take any summer classes to get my Linguistically Diverse Endorsement in Colorado. I do have to take a stupid test though, and pay another $60 bucks to the department of education....ay-ai-ay.

Why can't they call it one thing? TESOL? ESL? ELD? LD? Caramba...

I really like the word, Caramba, Que pasa?

My apartment people painted our speed bumps today, and I saw 6 car get towed. Bummer for them.

I tried on my bridesmaid dress for Brittany's wedding, and its a little low and a bit short. Yikes! Allie told me I don't look like a hootchie...whew, good thing.

I ate blueberries and raspberries for breakfast today. It made me happy.

I cleaned the kitchen, but have yet to attack the bedroom. The mess is just glaring at me everyday and I keep avoiding it.

I think I should stop, before this list gets ridiculously long!

I am done typing, and need to go make some phone calls. Sionara, Adios, TTFN:)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I loved this list!

Gow_spot said...

hi rissita!
super fun post.i love peeking into what's going on in your world!
yeah for the berries this morning!
and DUDE--- di me de la cita?!?!?!?
voy a escribirte un email a preguntar mas!
your saturday night party cracks me up.
and i love that you are loving life!
ah- your blog was a breath of fresh air to me tonight.
bless you!

k-
ciaos